Input Date Known Interface
If we talk about the date interfaces on web. There are only couple of them with easy customization as per use-case.
One might have used some decent date interfaces on some Desktop clients e.g. Omnifocus (Mac) is one having powerful date time selector with sleek interface. To be true, after using it we at EnTrip felt to design something for WEB2.0, something sleek, basic, fast and responsive date selector instead of Calender date selector or conventional interfaces.
Enter the date in any format. Currently year is in YY, so to enter 2030 you need to type 30 only.
Here is the Demo of the plugin to try out
Auto Date v1.0.2 is an amazing JS based auto-complete date selector under MIT-LICENSE which uses the Prototype Framework. Its an alternative to calender interface in browser which sounds annoying when one needs to enter future/past dates.
It validates the date before displaying the possible options. It make sure by prompting which date is popping up in your mind. Say for example one types “01/05” it prompts 05 jan or 01 May. Sounds great!
It also understand certain literals as one usually writes in day to day communication e.g today, yesterday, tomorrow, coming weekend, new year, christmas, last month, saturday etc.
Acceptable Date Formats
- DD MM YY (seperator can be space ” ” , comma “,” , period “.”, forward slash “/”)
- MM DD YY (seperator can be space ” ” , comma “,” , period “.”, forward slash “/”)
- DD MON YY (MON can be (jan/feb/mar etc), seperator can be space ” ” , comma “,” , period “.”, forward slash “/”)
- MON DD YY (MON can be (jan/feb/mar etc), seperator can be space ” ” , comma “,” , period “.”, forward slash “/”)
- New year 1 Jan <present year>
- Christmas 25 Dec <present year>
- Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thrusday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday (all are coming ones, instead of present week)
- Next Month/ Last Month/ Last week/ last weekend/ last sunday/ last monday etc
So just start typing and its fast autocomplete feature will take your heart away. Best of all, its all client side so no burden on your server.
- Multiple Date Format Support
- Support for multiple Date Separator.
- ONLY_FUTURE_DATE feature. Just set it to true when its called
- Literal Support, just by typing some characters
- Auto-Complete, it auto-completes as you start typing and show possible options
- Support only from 1970 to 2069
For feedback, suggestion, source code or contribution check out auto-date google code